Friday, July 24, 2009

Sunflower in My Mind

So today I went for a drive
I drove up the hill and over the mountain
and I drove
and I drove
I drove right up to the lake
the lake where my brother's friend was killed
many years ago
you see,
he was supposed to be there
my brother that is...
to go camping with his friends
but my mother said no
he was angry,
but most children overreact sometimes
so there i was
at the lake
and it was peaceful
moss covering sections of the water
and big branches of trees inviting me to climb
so i did
i pulled myself on to that tree and sat
just for a minute
and i thought
how could a place so beautiful
so calm and peaceful
be a place of death
and then i thought of israel
israel is an amazing place
the most amazing place i have ever been
i cannot wait to go back
but i love it so
so dearly in fact
so there i was thinking
about israel indeed
and death and happiness
how could something so beautfiful
carry so much hatred and dispair
it is perplexing...
i jumped down off the tree
and i walked to my car
as i was driving back to the place i reside
i pulled over
and i grabbed my camera
i love taking pictures
i do so much
so i snapped a photo
of a sunflower
so beautiful and delicate
so wonderful and innocent
the only thing in this world
that couldn't possibly contain evil
a flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment