Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

"The sun will come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There will be sun!
Just thinking about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
Until there is none!"

Why do we, as human beings, 
allow ourselves to be so optimistic?
The glass is half full.
'Tis better to have loved and lost 
than never to have loved at all.
Anything is possible.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Seriously guys? 
I mean I know it is one thing to 
try and be happy sometimes, 
but why do so many people 
have to be happy all the time? 
It is unrealistic, 
and it makes happiness a less meaningful experience. 
If you never face feelings of regret, sadness or sorrow,
then when good things happen, 
your feelings stay the same as they were.

Happiness should be a feeling that flows 
in an out of your veins like a drug. 
It should have the power to cause irrational behavior 
and cause humans to act differently towards 
not only other people, but
towards themselves as well.

On the other hand, 
if you absolutely adore the feelings of disappointment and sadness, 
then by all means... Try to be happy all the time. 
Eventually it will sneak up behind you. 
These feelings will creep in your window, 
and find their way into your head.
Remember when you were focusing on something 
so intently that everything around you just disappeared? 
That is how these horrible feelings will somehow 
manage to locate themselves inside you.

I, I am one of THOSE people. 
I try to be happy all the time. 
I try to please others because I have convinced myself 
that this is what I want.
I need people to like me. 
I need people to love me. 
By attempting to have everyone have these 
oh so passionate feelings towards me, I have
lost the feeling to accept love at all. 
I pretend that people care, when the truth is, 
they don't. 
I form relationships inside my brain and even
convince myself that there is hope.

This blog is going to be the change of me, 
the birth of a new me, and the death of the old me. 
This blog is going to be my escape from myself
and my own lies. This blog is going to be... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment